Thanks to all who are participated in our third (and, sadly, last) PTA Advisory Board meeting.
Over the past year, we have accomplished quite a bit!
- Analyzed of National Survey data
- Chose last two sites for case studies
- Completed interviews, focus groups, and material collection at all five case study sites
- Transcribed all interviews and focus groups
- Began tagging interview data for our Four Research Questions: Learn Algebra, Learn to Teach Algebra, Algebra and Equity, and Algebra and CCSSM
- Various proposals, posters, presentations, and drafts of publications
As always our Advisory Board members gave us excellent feedback and advice on our next steps as we move forward with data analysis and dissemination of the results. We took careful notes and have begun to discuss how to implement their recommendations.
Thank you for all your hard work – PIs, Advisory Board, and graduate/undergraduate research assistants!
Colloquium Name: Opportunities of Preservice Secondary Mathematics Teachers to Learn Reasoning and Proof Related to Algebra
Colloquium Time: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 3:30 – 5:00 PM
Presenter: Jill Newton
Description: In this colloquium, Jill Newton shared a status report of the PTA project, including the process of developing frameworks and the survey, and preliminary results from the pilot study.